Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Double Feature from Seventies Hell

Grand Theft Auto (1977). Written, directed by and starring Ron Howard.

Memorable quote: Sparky, think you can hotwire this mother?

Monkey Hustle (1976). Featuring Rudy Ray Moore and a cast of one thousand afros.

Memorable quote: It ain't legal and it sure ain't safe...but it do seem worthwhile!

While my daughter is at the theatre with friends watching Transformers, I am sitting here editing an interview to the soothing disco sounds of Monkey Hustle and the jarring explosions of Grand Theft Auto. I'll take my low-budget seventies drive-in crap while wearing sweatpants and sipping on a gin&tonic over any other afternoon entertainment here in south Georgia.

But later on tonight I'll probably get cabin fever and look for friends to watch the fireworks with.

Happy 4th to all,
NTD

No comments: