Sunday, July 1, 2007

Don't Move Here

It's summertime, and the blogging has not been so easy. My shop is doing gangbusters - I hear numerous complaints by the locals about tourists taking over the town. My answer is along the lines of this: well, that's what happens when you relocate in a tourist town, honey. In fact, most of us decided to move here ourselves our being one of those annoying tourists. There's hardly a southern accent left in Asheville other than mine. And I'm not from here either.

However, when the dozen or so Birkenstocked camera-bagged newly-arrived squeal to me daily that they are thinking of moving here... I tell them that there are no jobs, real estate is sky-high, traffice sucks, and the air quality is declining. I wish that I was lying, but I'm not.

So Don't Move Here, y'all. But in the meantime, shop at my store all you want. I'll need the money when gentrification hits my block and the rent triples in order to make the street safe for Starbucks.

NTD

1 comment:

Phil said...

But if they make the streets safe, will you still be there? ;-)