Saturday, April 21, 2007

Technically-Challenged

I was screaming in the house alone this morning, cursing the cable company in general and my modem in particular. Thank goodness my daughter missed it all, instead spending the morning at school practicing her runway walk for tonight's beauty pageant (note to self: schedule post-pageant martinis with other liberal mothers who also wonder how they, too, wound up purchasing cherry red nail polish, stiletto heels and tanning salon appointments for their offspring this week). There was no internet service - my provider seemed to have failed me. I pretend that web-codependency is nonexistent in my household. This is the state of denial in which I live, however, evidenced by the various stages of grief which I began experiencing last night when three of the five little modem lights refused to even blink for me.

This morning I was deep in the anger stage, phone book in one hand and phone in the other, preparing to call the service department. I was deciding whether to demand one free month of internet service or two and wondering whether I should go for (1) apeshit righteous indignation or (2) a mature and calm sense of disappointment.

And then I noticed that the cable was unplugged from the modem.

NTD

2 comments:

Phil said...

And we wonder why the ISP's tech support people are so patronizing when we call with highly technical issues!

Mother of Invention said...

HA! I can so relate!