Friday, April 20, 2007

Let's see, what has happened since Friday the 13th (when I last wrote):

- Stewart and I squandered yet another few seconds of our fifteen minutes of fame by appearing in an Asheville newspaper photograph while hiding behind masks featuring the face of a local councilman. Said council member attended a recent concert at the Civic Center and claimed that the place "smelled like an Amsterdam hash bar". He apparently dispatched every uniform not currently serving in Iraq to make the Civic Center safe for those stricken with reefer madness. As a result, we got to dance at the Widespread Panic show in the shadow of many policeman who were reduced to threatening nicotine addicts with possible expulsion for the sin of smoking cigarettes inside the building. What a waste of taxpayer money. But we got masks of the mocked councilman for souvenirs, and one of them hangs proudly in my bathroom today.

- My lovely youngest daughter turned seventeen on the day we refer to as "Hitler's Birthday Eve" since my kid hates the acknowledgment of her birthday.

- The news this week sucked, of course. I have not turned on the television or consulted YouTube. I know enough about it already, just like everyone does.

- My passport finally arrived. Now I can run away whenever I want.

NTD

2 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Good luck to your daughter tonight and hope you find somewhere neat to go with someone special!!
We've had our passport applications sitting in a drawer for 2 years now! Can you tell we don't travel much?!!!

the naked tapdancer said...

Actually, we're headed to Spain next month to see my other daughter, who is having another semester abroad. I am scared - of flying, of being in a non-English speaking country, of spending way too much money - but we're going anyway!!!
These days, I couldn't even get to Canada without a passport, and your country is looking better every day!