Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spain: the Final Frontier

Actually, I hope not - I look forward to the AARP years when I can demand senior discounts and terrorize the countryside with my poor depth perception in a giant biodiesel RV while establishing honeybee sanctuaries and being the Oldest Grandma Dancing at some Rock Festival For Peace and Justice. But when I think about landing in Barcelona and knowing roughly the equivalent of Sesame Street Spanish (muy caliente, muchachos!), wandering the streets without a cell phone or a computer, while trying to re-grow the umbilical cord to my daughter so that she will not lose us in a museum among the Dalis and Picassos - it feels like Deep Space just thinking about it.

(must call doctor for anti-anxiety flight meds ASAP)

NTD

2 comments:

ross said...

Enjoy, look forward to hearing all about it.

Mother of Invention said...

Wow! Sounds so neat! I'd be afraid too...especially of trying on my bathingsuit!! Have a fabulous time and take lots of pics to post later! You'll come back so tanned and looking great. Hope you like Spanish red wine! And Paella!(Saffron flavoured rice with seafood)