Wednesday, May 23, 2007

After two days of tearing the place apart - searching beneath sofa cushions, in backpacks, pants pockets, the washing machine, the front yard, the garbage can, all floors in the house - the keys to the VW van were safely in the ignition.

Dementia is not just for the elderly.

It's time to make lists, tie strings around my finger, attach everything to hooks and rubber bands...

...and to think that I could still recite telephone numbers of classmates from the third grade when I graduated from high school. But if I didn't have my top ninety nine numbers safely programmed into my cell phone, I couldn't call my niece, my employees, or even my own boyfriend today.

I miss my excellent memory.

NTD

1 comment:

Mother of Invention said...

It's that damn menopause! The short term is the first to go....and what's the name of that thing.you know..that you put waste in? oh yeah, garbage pail! I hate that!