Saturday, May 19, 2007

farewell to barcelona

Even if I had bought a pair of boots of Spanish leather, they wouldn't have fit into the luggage after my daughter handed me several dozen kilograms of extra stuff to bring back to the states so that she can continue to globetrot without being encumbered by all the weight I lugged stateside for her. But this is all the kvetching I can really muster; my college girl has grown into a bilingual wonder who can live on bocadillas and a handful of euros while wending her way through a spaghetti junction which IS the Barcelona metro system with ease. I was in awe.

Today, however, I am reclining on my sofa wishing that this tall glass of iced tea could be inserted directly into my bloodstream via IV.

Maybe this jet lag will pass by tomorrow morning. I really do need to accomplish something larger than reading the gossip that I missed online.

NTD

No comments: