Sunday, February 4, 2007

Little Yellow Taxi

I bought a yolk-colored Ford Focus yesterday. No one else in this town seemed to want it, according to the dealership. Two years old and almost four grand under the Blue Book value, there seems to be nothing wrong with it (fingers crossed) except for the smiley-face yellow paint job. Since the truck died and the Saturn was looking terminal, I was tired of worrying and just bought the thing. Good gas mileage, decent price. I will get used to driving in the sunshine-mobile.

The saleswoman said that everyone wants a big-ass truck or SUV here. The car drivers prefer Toyota Corollas and Nissan Altimas... there's even a Prius or two on Main Street now. But the raised eight-cylinder 4WD king cab rules the manworld, while every size two lady requires an armored Suburban or Denali to transport her groceries. My first question is - how do these people afford these 14mpg tanks? My second question is - why?

Gotta find a sticker for the bumper which does not make me look like an overly-earnest middle-aged school counselor trying to feel the amber energy...

NTD

1 comment:

Mother of Invention said...

Hey, I think it sounds great! You won't have any trouble finding it in a parking lot at the mall or wherever! And what a deal!

Thanks for the visit..I replied back there.