Monday, February 19, 2007

the last word on Prince

Okay, okay, I know that I have mentioned Prince in the last several posts (other than the Mister Rogers one, but I just couldn't work Prince into the conversation that time). But damn... last Friday night's show was unbelievable. And now I read that Michael Jackson was even somewhere in that crowd of nine hundred. We were about on the fourth row of standing room only watching the man perform with his ten-piece band, never breaking a visible sweat, never missing a note, perfection that never seemed cold or sterile, every song like a little sonic funk miracle. Toss in a few guests - Maceo Parker, Natalie Cole, Will.I.Am and Cee-lo - for good measure. Shake well, but never stir. Let the band show off a little. Prince was the generous host for a living musicology and witnessing the show would have been an experiential bargain at twice the price.

NTD

No comments: