Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tonight is the Equinox, and I have hardly blogged all March long. The grass (read: weeds) are overgrown in my backyard. I worked too much this week. Things are running a little behind right now.

I have noticed that the dozen or so other blogs which I tend to check on every week or so have all either slowed the posts down to a crawl or even gone on serious hiatus (I miss you beautydish and rockstarmommy.com!). Some days I wonder whether it is worth taking time to post such minor thoughts which so rarely sparkle with the wit I hope to convey - I think this about my column in The Eleventh Hour as well, because after five years of commentary I sometimes run out of anything to say.

But I did get called to read a commentary on Georgia Public Radio last week, which was a small boost to my literary ego.

Maybe springtime will get the honey flowing again.

NTD

3 comments:

Phil said...

Wow, I'm with you there (about not having much in the tank). I think a vacation - a "me" vacation where I'm not responsible for anyone else's good time - would go a long way towards a cure.

the naked tapdancer said...

Perhaps there's something magical about simply stating that it's hard to write - because (see above) I raced through 800+ words a few hours after writing about feeling at a loss for words.
By the way, I continue to enjoy checking up on your goings-on, Mister Perils. But I agree, a vacation that is non-work related sounds like a good plan.

Phil said...

Thanks! And a very nice post about Miss Lil.