Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Terrible Tuesday Blues

It's life on the hormonal rollercoaster today. I started crying while my daughter waited at the counter for her chicken tacos. I was indifferent to a friend on the phone. I sort of wish that I was back in bed. This is... undignified.

I think that a hot shower is in order. Then, maybe the dishes. Finish up the taxes. If a bad mood is like an unruly child, the first order of the evening might be to just ignore it and hope that the blues tantrum will pass soon.

But otherwise, things are peachy. My daughter actually decided to forego prom, which in my opinion is a sanity-saving decision on both our parts. The issue had been festering for weeks - her boyfriend is not, shall we say, the ambitious type. I wondered when he might break from his exhausting schedule of video games and action films in order to be fitted for a tuxedo. Trouble was brewing in all quarters regarding the lateness and the open-ended expense of this prom plan.

So that is one great relief in my life. Also, a friend has generously offered to help fill in the employment gaps at my shop temporarily. So there's nothing particularly wrong other than the usual stresses of life.

Tonight's Plan: Watch a Marx Brothers film.

NTD

No comments: