Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Joni Saves the Day

Just when I was getting lost on vintage Tammy Faye - Oops, there goes a Smile! and other children's classics - I got a hankering for some quality tones. So it's been a half hour of the great Joni Mitchell, making me smile with her impeccable songwriting and complicated chords (what the hell is she playing? Sixths? Minor Sevenths? Thirteenths? Can't follow any of it.) and lovely voice. It's the perfect antidote to an Annoying Music Search.

My recommendations:

Free Man in Paris
Coyote
The Last Time I Saw Richard
A Case of You

NTD

2 comments:

Phil said...

My favorite from the Court and Spark album was Car on a Hill. It so captured the mixture of hope and disappointment of being in love.

Mother of Invention said...

I was weaned on Joni! I love all that on Court'n Spark...memories of my first serious boyfriend in 3rd year university.