Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Busted

As loyal readers and friends know, I love to peek in dumpsters. So today after the gym I swung behind the shopping center to peruse the interior of my favorite receptacle at the rear of Office Max. There was a motherload of office supplies in there, MIB as they say on Ebay. So I got my dumpster tool and started stacking the post-it notes, envelopes and notebooks on the hood of my car.

I've been doing this for years, undisturbed by the suits.

But the manager came out today and assured me that all the contents of the dumpster belong in our county landfill. I cannot have them. Neither can any charity or school in town. No, the landfill needs unopened blister packs of perfectly fine merchandise. Thus spoke the Office Max gods.

So I agreed, he went back inside, and I loaded up everything stacked on my car into the trunk and drove off.

NTD

1 comment:

Phil said...

My kid's done this behind Trader Joe's in Joshua Tree. Oh, and here in Seattle, it seems, where he can drop in here and eat himself sick. Must be the sport of it.