Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday

In less than three hours (!) my Dad had one W-9 form and two standard contracts completed. Sometimes, you know, the internet doesn't make things easier. And yet, somehow we're supposed to be grateful.

Personally, I heart my snail mail.

So today I rewarded myself with a Christmas shopping trip to Savannah. Many decades ago, I lived there. I received my first kiss from a drunken preacher's son, graduated from high school, and managed to marry twice, all within the city limits of Savannah. These days I only venture over there occasionally. Maybe it was early Christmas traffic, but I kept wondering: where did these millions of cars come from? And where did the trees go?

But I got a great deal of shopping done in less than three hours, and got to eat at the favorite restaurant of my youth - Carey Hilliard's. I can't remember what was so good about it... the food is admittedly mediocre to my aging taste buds. But for years and years, it was the place to hang out with friends. It still feels like going to Grandma's house, but Grandma is gone.

I think that I'll start wrapping presents tonight.

NTD

No comments: