Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another Work Day with Daddy

My dad will be here any minute. My father is 75 and one of the most technologically unskilled men of this century. He has chosen me to become his official internet guide.

Today we are planning to create an e-mail address for him. Of course, I will be the one checking it since I have to re-train him to use the mouse every time we sit down in front of the computer.

I shouldn't complain. He has a sense of humor, and we try to use every computer hour logged as a time to joke together about modern society. The difficulty is that he is struggling to remain relevant in the insurance industry. At 75, I wonder whether he needs to keep this up. Unfortunately, he says that he cannot afford to retire.

So today we have to fill out several more insurance company forms online and hope that the magic works. We struggled for hours a couple of weeks ago, only to learn that Mozilla was not compatible with the company files and that Adobe 8 reader was not in the mood to download onto my aging Dell. But I think that I have it straightened out today. God, at least I hope so.

NTD

No comments: