Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sixties Flashback

My father had a heart catheterization and stent insertion this morning. I was the designated family member for all possible things - driver to the hospital, caller to the relatives, sitter in the waiting room, bringer of sugar-free liquids, et cetera. He seems to be fine, and tomorrow I'll do the same things, but in reverse.

The sweetest part of late afternoon was sitting together watching TV Land, which had back-to-back episodes of Bonanza and Gunsmoke. He no longer seemed seventy five and ill.It was a serious flashback to the sixties I well remember, when I was a little girl with a cap gun and cowgirl hat, watching westerns with Daddy. I hadn't seen Matt Dillon and Festus and Miss Kitty in decades, but everything was familiar like it was yesterday.

Sweet dreams, Daddy. I'll see you in the morning.

NTD

4 comments:

Stacy Wills said...

you and your dad have been in my thoughts and prayers this week. glad to hear that things went well.

the naked tapdancer said...

Thanks, Stace. I took him home this morning, and he was feeling fine.

Phil said...

Glad he pulled through. It's been far too quick a trip between caring for kids and caring for parents, hasn't it?

Mother of Invention said...

Neat that you had a bonding time like that. I used to love watching Bonanza (and before that, Rawhide!) with dad as well as many others..Hogan's Heroes..

I hope he's doing well. I had 1 stent put in just over a year ago at age 53...scary stuff! They went up through my wrist instead of groin to lessen chance of infection because I'm diabetic.