Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Highlights of my life since I last posted:

- Stewart and Susan singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" while I banged away on piano
- Playing with a pair of sixties Mr. Potato Heads, purchased at an elderly couple's basement sale
- Selling a rare Bob Gibson Sings Shel Silverstein CD on Amazon for $32.00
- Spending a couple of hours with my old friend Jill who was a bridesmaid in my first wedding back in the late seventies
- Encouraging Goth-y employee Jessica to put on a tie-dye and sarong while at work, which she finally did
- Singing/hollering "That's Life" along with Frank Sinatra on the radio
- Picking (even more) tomatoes from the garden

It's been crazy busy at the shop - hence the lack of blogging - but it's the small things that make for memories. When a customer who has been in AA for decades mentioned his gratitude list the other day, I thought that was a good idea to change the prevailing mental activity from hardship/pain/sucky stuff to Moments That Made Me Happy.

NTD

No comments: