Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Breakfast at Snooky's

I have no taste for diamonds or gold at Tiffany's, but I do love the grits and cheese at Snooky's. I'm still flying high from seventeen cups of coffee (but they were LITTLE cups) and catching up with my friend Cindy. Although we have little in common other than daughters the same age and an absurd love for Las Vegas, we tend to meet up at a restaurant a few times a year and exchange gossip. And hey, I walked to the restaurant, which might have expended a small handful of calories to offset the morning dose of fat, salt and refined-and-bleached hominy.

My daughter's directorial debut is tonight. Even if the play sucks - and she worries that it will - I could not be prouder of my sixteen year old.

I must return several phone calls now - the potential house painter, the doctor's office, my shop, the wholesale postcard company...

By the way: R.I.P. Life Magazine

NTD

1 comment:

Mother of Invention said...

Sounds like a great place and way to get caught up! I've never had hominy grits but some day I will!
Your daughter has a lot more confidence thanI ever did at that age!