Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gasoline Blues

Are you there, God? It's me, the NTD.

Where the hell is all the gasoline in Asheville, Lord? I found only one station that was selling - and you could spot it a half mile away, with fifty cars backed up on either side of it. Multiple policemen were present in order to keep the peace.

It would be less frustrating, except that I am assured that the pumps are flowing freely elsewhere.

Any divine intervention would be much appreciated.

Your arrogant little American daughter currently residing in a western North Carolina gulag,

NTD

P.S. Really, God, it's just the PMS and an empty gas tank talking here. I will be working on resuming my gratefulness for every breath and restoring my sense of awe as I ponder the infinite beauty and wondrous glory of the universe shortly, I promise.

No comments: