Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ain't Misbehaving...

...no sir, not when I'm in ICU trying not to fall apart while my dad thrashes in mental confusion and my sister is exerting every atom of her Leo narcissism directly toward us unwilling bystanders (which is a remarkable hat trick in which one can convolute all concerns both reasonable and unreasonable about medical competence directed toward a beloved family member and still twist all attention entirely to one's self and one's latest gallery showing until other caring family members only abstain from fratricide because we are, after all, here to support Daddy, not to upset him).

I try to remember that the higher path of family life is to remember to put the "fun" in "dysfunctional".

If any of you readers are of the praying variety, please remember my Dad in your prayers.

NTD

No comments: